Re: Stoopid Windoze....
- From: Matthew Hennig <matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:04:17 GMT
"TimV" <tvanwagoner_yourknickers_@xxxxxx> wrote in
"The Henchman" <don'taskme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I bought 4 gb of ram (2 x 2) for 40 dollars at a nationalThere's a fix for that, but its been so long since I had that issue,
electronics retailer. Dunno if that was a good deal BUT the 1 gig
sticks were $8 dollars MORE than 2 gig sticks from same manufactuer.
Motherboard loves the new ram and now reports all 6 gb. The new 4
gb and the old 2 gb.
Windoze XP pro 32 bit edition can only see "3.5" GB because it has a
max limit of 4 gb it can use.
32 bit Vista ha the same limits. 64-bit Vista and Server 2003 and
2008 can go to 64 GB.
I guess that $40 deal wasn't such a good deal.
I forgot what it is..
Yeah, Linux. There is absolutely no way to fix it in a 32-bit version
Actually putting windows xp into PAE mode allows for 36-bit addressing
and is supposed to allow up to 4 GB ram usage for XP.
Ten of Spades
Aggee Fedayeen Chief
Supreme Ruler of the Obvious
RSFC Rookie of the Year 2005
Time Magazine Person of the Year 2006
"We just got outplayed today. That's the bottom line. And we got
- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002
- Prev by Date: Re: Pat White: Best College QB Ever?
- Next by Date: Good for Pat White
- Previous by thread: Re: Stoopid Windoze....
- Next by thread: Re: Stoopid Windoze....