Re: Tournament Date Conflicts

Hey y'all, I just found this thread and though I'd chime in
about HoDown. I'm running the tournament this year, I'm on
the Asheville Ultimate board of directors, and I like long
walks on the beach.

The date for HoDown is COMPLETELY determined by the date(s)
Asheville Parks and Recreation give us as the fields we use
are partially owned by and always used by the local soccer
association (that's another story itself).

We purposefully requested earlier dates two or three years
ago in order to avoid Glazed Daze. We do the same every
year. We have the option of holding our tournament when we
do (which is hopefully a week or two apart from GD), or
running up against other tournaments later in the season.

Unfortunately, the dates we were given this year (not the
dates we chose) were the same as GD. We don't like it any
more than anyone else.

-Hugh
--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

  • Re: Spider-man is a finished product
    ... and/or Steve to chime in on the topic, but I think a lot of folks ... ARE WE BETTING? ... Who are you to jump on people.. ... tournament, and show you guys.. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Spider-man is a finished product
    ... and/or Steve to chime in on the topic, but I think a lot of folks ... before, bought into the hype, and now you are all running for the ... ROME, one of the best ... tournament, and show you guys.. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Spider-man is a finished product
    ... and/or Steve to chime in on the topic, but I think a lot of folks ... tournament, and show you guys.. ... (who would have loved to win a new spider-man off rome in a bet...if ... a real dumbass, but as the days turn into months, and still nothing, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Spider-man is a finished product
    ... and/or Steve to chime in on the topic, but I think a lot of folks ... ROME, one of the best ... tournament, and show you guys.. ... a real dumbass, but as the days turn into months, and still nothing, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Ashevilles 12th Coed HoDown ThrowDown ShowDown
    ... Once again Asheville, NC will be hosting our 12th annual coed HoDown ... so get those bids in! ... Along with all the normal tournament ...
    (rec.sport.disc)