Re: When Dobyns Wins Ultimate Peace Wins

Peter,

I suppose I can't blame you for waiting for the official
announcement before paying off on your bet, but I can't say
the same for your insistence that the payment come to me.

I mean, what kind of person refuses to make a contribution
to a charitable organization that uses Ultimate and SOTG to
promote peace in lieu of making a direct payment to a person
whose spirit has been openly called into question on this
very forum? Perhaps it's just your way of sticking to the
terms of the bet. But then again...

Original language of the wager was yours:

<<I'd be willing to bet one person a $100 he doesn't get in
the usa
ultimate hall of fame before 2020.>>

I replied:

<<I'll take that bet.>>

To which you replied:

<<Cool, consider it a bet.

If neither of us has a heart attack shoveling snow by
2020....or if KD
(you?) it in before then...we'll be in touch.

And no payment in pennies. Big bill(s) only payment. $100
bets are one
of the simple pleasures in life.>>

Then, after Toad got involved, you wrote:

<<1. Mr. Dobyns gets voted into the hof by 2020 and accepts
(I lose).>>

Suddenly I didn't simply have to get in. I had to accept.
One could argue you have already changed the terms after the
fact. And since you made that change and I am letting it
slide, how about you stop nitpicking and just make the
contribution to UP?

-KD

--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

  • Re: Direct Debit - CSA Demand
    ... Paying through a post office, the post office has to be paid. ... Paying direct debit is reduced cost to them. ... can't see why you would be forced to change your method of payment. ... This Agency in line with other branches of the department for Work ...
    (uk.gov.agency.csa)
  • Re: a new hospital?...how you are being conned by new labour and the incompetent clown....
    ... payment e.g. the cost of your next utility bill is a debt. ... It strikes me that a PFI is more like ... terms I don't see the difference between paying back borrowed money ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: OT - Argh - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!
    ... About 20+ years ago after DH and I were first married, I was paying bills ... a credit card payment check out with the exact balance of our checking ... When paying the bills online, ... payment over the phone. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Infinity Review - 2/5/06 MOAGC2
    ... I'm not entirely sure what you're saying about paying on line... ... shouldn't have been able to request that a payment be ... BTW, Marsha, I used to do bill paying online through my bank. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: Direct Debit - CSA Demand
    ... If you are paying the correct amount on time, ... you would be forced to change your method of payment. ... Do I call the CSA shambles and say no to automated process payments ... This Agency in line with other branches of the department for Work and ...
    (uk.gov.agency.csa)