Re: Skill vs. Style

Hallo,

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:39:38 +0800, bob_koca@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote
(in article <1138837178.232959.318260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

>         Well, then I'd suggest he call the foul on the throw, instead
> of on the
> catch end of the motion. IF the motion truly is one continuous stroke,
> then
> fouling that interferes for longer than the disc to get to his hand
> does
> become a foul on the throw, though if he calls the foul early, it's his
> own
> fault the turfed throw gets turned over.
>

> ----
>
>   I am not sure that he could not call a foul on the catch and then on
> the throw also. The first foul was for the first contact. If there is
> even more contact after that (quite possible isn't it?) a separate foul
> for that later contact.

	The call on the catch stops play unless he tries to then throw. There isn't
an allowance for calling subsequent fouls in the rules, and certainly no
process for resolving a sequence of fouls like that. I'd call it that the
first call prevents consideration of a subsequent foul on the throw, so if he
chooses to throw after calling the foul on the catch, it's a TO.

	Maybe CVH will weigh in.

Larry

  • Re: Skill vs. Style
    ... calling one or the other foul just because the foul was ... The sole caveat would be that, because of the continuation rule ... If Frank uses the same motion for catching as for the ... So, Frank should call two fouls, just to be certain? ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: Rules Question: Stall
    ... rather when the foul OCCURS. ... full counter clockwise circle) while in a throwing motion. ... foul and jacked a huck up that was incomplete. ...  I did not pivot, call ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: How dare you, Morgan Hibbert
    ... Foul called. ... Standard Ultimate. ... no contact on hibbert's hand or body during the throwing motion. ... self-officiated game its on you to play within the rules. ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:=202012=20College=20G?==?utf-8?Q?uideli?= =?utf-8?Q?nes?=
    ... hook his elbow as he starts the forward motion of his ... people foul to prevent breaks/hucks. ... throwing motion, but still often a good choice not to call ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: Travel on throw because of foul
    ... This question may be slightly off thread but you say a "violent foul" ... before the throwing motion where the thrower chooses to throw it could ... initiate your throwing motion, and how long the contact lasts. ...
    (rec.sport.disc)