Re: Aussie Ashes squad

On May 21, 2:09 am, sdavmor <sdav...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Surely the best strategy going
into the series for the ECB is to produce pitches that will take spin
early? Swann & Monty + 3 quicks vs Huaritz & Boy Blunder + 3 quicks is
surely substantial advantage England.

I'd rather Hauritz+Clarke+Katich+North than Swann+Monty+KP

Having said that, Swann is the best of all the spinners on display,
and if he keeps up his good form versus the lefties it could get
interesting (Katich, Hughes, Hussey, North and Johnson).

  • Re: Your team for the 1st Test?
    ... bowl as one of three seamers and at the moment it isn't clear he can ... How long are we to tolerate Panesar turning in just one bowling ... New Zealand at that) the chances of getting a spin friendly track are ... been able to watch any of the games) that the pitches were more seam ...
    (uk.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Watson on Hyderabad
    ... I, for one, WANT varied pitches. ... I want some that spin, ... I think the latter "just isn't cricket", but calling it cheating is a stretch. ... from game to game without any obvious external factors. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Your team for the 1st Test?
    ... bowl as one of three seamers and at the moment it isn't clear he can ... New Zealand at that) the chances of getting a spin friendly track are ... been able to watch any of the games) that the pitches were more seam ... Got unwanted CDs, DVDs & Games? ...
    (uk.sport.cricket)
  • Re: The Smoltz experiment
    ... all the 'he pitches better than his record shows' spin just ain't ... cuttin' it. ... Golf is a good walk spoiled.- Mark Twain ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)