Re: 8x4 table dimensions?

"Mail Man" <not.here@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:QfydnZd14YkfoFjbnZ2dnUVZ_rGrnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Roger Orsulak" wrote:

Brought to you by the same people who define dimensional lumber (2x4s and
the like).

LOL! OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x
3-3/4!!! And, don't try to give us some lame excuse about engineers
determining that lumber production costs could be greatly shaved without
sacrificing any SIGNIFICANT load or sheer stability in building
construction
... 8>]] . I want the "real" reason ... or the "virtual" reason ... or
whatever ...

BTW, I DID really like the way you described how to find the proper pool
table dimensions in respect to their verbal "nicknames."

Mike Collier <--- remembers REAL 2x4's -- still got a bunch from salvage
Oak Harbor, WA

Thanks Mike. I'm a man with a simple mind and, sadly, an engineer. Thus, I
need clear language for me to understand how to change a light bulb. So I
do my best, sometimes to catcalls of being too wordy, but I know no other
way.
Roger

  • Re: 8x4 table dimensions?
    ... Brought to you by the same people who define dimensional lumber (2x4s and ... LOL! ... OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: Air drying lumber properly
    ... keep all the dimensional lumber inside. ... Here in Washington state, the only kiln dried "framing" lumber are 8' and ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: 8x4 table dimensions?
    ... OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x ... sacrificing any SIGNIFICANT load or sheer stability in building construction ... The real reason is all dimensional lumber is first cut to size, then dried where it shrinks substantially to all sorts of smaller sizes, then ... Far as I know it has been this way since they started selling finished lumber rather than rough cut lumber. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: 8x4 table dimensions?
    ... OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x ... They like ripping you off. ... the same dimensions. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)