Re: Inside english

Do you have any of your own opinions?
Geez

charlesmartin1v@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> One more comment on inside English. Bob Meucci came up with this
> insane concept that no pro can hit the center of the cue ball and
> therefore the only way to make a long straight in shot was using a
> little inside English so you could hit the spot on the cue ball you
> were aiming at. He convinced Rempe and the rest of his stable at that
> time which was 10 top pros this was true. Today he is only left with
> Rempe, the other 9 are long gone.
> These guys tell others and monkey see, monkey do takes place. Bob
> can't run 3 friggen balls and never plays. He is a run out player only
> in his mind.
>
> Ray Martin 3 times world champion and Fast Larry TASA world trick shot
> champion and current UPA 9 ball touring pro both agree totally this
> concept is pure bull. They both teach students how to find the exact
> center of the cue ball by using the Hoppe drill found in his 1925 book
> which was so important he listed it as number two. Willie Hoppe as
> well knew how to hit the center of the cue ball. Ralph Greenleaf and
> Willie Mosconi also used this drill. The idea of using English on a
> straight in shot to correct for a stroke problem in it's self is
> ridiculous. Before any lesson, ask the instructor how he teaches this
> shot. It will tell you what he knows and does not know.
> What FL explained to me is most of us think we are hitting the center
> but actually are not. We groove this place and it is then set but its
> the wrong place. In my case I was hitting the cue ball a quarter tip
> right of center every time. I was convinced I was hitting center but
> he proved to me I was not. To break me of this FL had me set up center
> ball, then just drift one quarter left until I killed the bad habit and
> acquired the correct aiming point. This is a perfect example of the
> harm that can come to your game by picking this kind of stuff off of
> the street and listening to top players instead of listening to top
> teachers and coaches.
> Rempe has admitted that when he was Number one in the world and tought
> he knew everything, when he did those instruction tapes he found out he
> knew nothing and did not have a clue. Jim said that was a real shock
> to me. I could do it, but I just never knew how I was doing it and it
> was then not necessary for me to know. So there is your proof.
>
> Ray Martin is in Tampa and one of the top teachers in the game, go see
> him, he will show you the correct path to this.
> FL is in Atlanta.

  • Re: Pool cues?
    ... make a shot when you used english? ... Buddy is in Tulsa..he has been playing golf with a friend of mine. ... the path the cue ball will always take after contacting the object ball. ... ball path if you impart zero english on the cue ball. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Curving an object ball? (Part 3)
    ... what happens when you hit a cueball with english. ... shot with english is like a mini masse shot, ... Swerve curves the cue ball back in the same ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: Pool cues?
    ... make a shot when you used english? ... the path the cue ball will always take after contacting the object ball. ... ball path if you impart zero english on the cue ball. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Nightmare shots from Hell
    ... the tangent angle and multi-rail cue ball path is more highly predictable ... and consistent. ... natural running english at the object ball and rails anyway so why add ... THAT is going to teach you how to pocket any spot shot ...