Jeff Reardon: Thief
- From: "powrwrap" <powrwrap@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 27 Dec 2005 07:13:59 -0800
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Former major league pitcher Jeff Reardon
was arrested Monday on charges he robbed a jewelry store.
Reardon, 50, walked into Hamilton Jewelers at the Gardens Mall about
11:50 a.m. Monday and handed an employee a note that said he had a gun
and the store was being robbed, according to the Palm Beach Gardens
Reardon fled the store with an undisclosed amount of cash. Police found
him at a nearby restaurant, recovered the stolen money and charged him
with armed robbery.
Reardon was in the Palm Beach County jail early Tuesday awaiting a bond
The four-time All-Star was 73-77 with 367 saves and a 3.16 ERA in 16
seasons with the Montreal Expos, Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds, New
York Yankees, New York Mets, Atlanta Braves and Minnesota Twins. Jeff
Reardon is sixth on the all-time saves list.
I can't wait to hear why he needed to rob a jewelry store. He made over
$11M in his career. (And what's with ESPN's random listing of teams he
- Prev by Date: Re: Re: Pete Rose: "I Bet On Baseball Every Night"
- Next by Date: Re: Jeff Reardon: Thief
- Previous by thread: Just lost all respect for Dick Enberg
- Next by thread: Re: Jeff Reardon: Thief