Re: Albert Pujols - Greatest first 5 years in history?

"Wunnuy" <wunnuy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Realto Margarino wrote:
>> RLM <raj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> trolled:
>>> Beam me up, Scotty. But there is no such thing as WARP1 in
>> baseball. Not a single player in the history of the game tried to
>> maximize his WARP1, so why on earth are you wasting our time ranking
>> players by this equation?
>>

> Neiropoint can tell you all about Warp1. I believe he has the card
> where James T. Kirk lead the league in Warp1.

Just a general question for the floor: Football uses a quarterback rating
system that I'll bet not one fan or sportswriter in a hundred could explain
or calculate, and yet as far as I can tell everyone seems to accept it just
fine and nobody complains. But introduce something beyond batting average
or ERA in a baseball discussion, even metrics that have *proven* valid and
that are gaining currency in the mainstream media, and some people reject
them and even ridicule people who use them. Why is that? Why are football
people seemingly more accepting of new metrics? Or am I wrong about this?
Does this kind of stuff go on in the football groups?

Perry

  • Re: Albert Pujols - Greatest first 5 years in history?
    ... > baseball. ... Not a single player in the history of the game tried to ... > maximize his WARP1, so why on earth are you wasting our time ranking ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: Albert Pujols - Greatest first 5 years in history?
    ... >> Neiropoint can tell you all about Warp1. ... >Just a general question for the floor: Football uses a quarterback rating ... >people seemingly more accepting of new metrics? ... I don't think football fans are any different than other fans when it comes ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)