HOFers with sub-800 OPS

Pete Rose is one of 'em. Greatest hitter ever, my ass.

Oh, wait -- Pete Rose ain't even one of 'em!

Rose wishes he could hit like Bonds.

  • Re: OT - Any HR gurus out there?
    ... She knows that Pete Rose is the Hit King and ... particularily fast, nor a particularily gifted athlete, but he laid it ... Cincinnati ball park. ... I was watching the ALCS the other night when Manny Ramierez hit that ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Tweet 8/8
    ... Pete Rose out there? ... A hit with sacks full? ... A ringing double off Mo? ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: RGP: Least polite newsgroup on Usenet?
    ... celebrity passes away there's this guy who claims his or her last ... The other thing he does is give a daily "Pete Rose Award" to ... someone who had a good day and people flame him for that and he flames ... The guy who originated the greatest hitter line of reasoning ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Future retired numbers
    ... >> Pete Rose, and not Baby Bonds, is the greatest hitter of all time, by ... > Consistent mediocrity and longevity do not equal greatness. ... and he's only the greatest hitter of all time by RLM's ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)
  • Re: Clemente Jrs ridiculous request
    ... without qualification. ... Pete Rose has the greatest number of hits. ... therefore the game's greatest hitter, ... This is counting versus rate stats. ...
    (rec.sport.baseball)