Re: Now here is an asshat that needs some attention

"TonyP" <arpierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Thursday, November 17, 2005
>
> PROFESSOR JOHN DALY: THREATENING FRESHMAN 101
>
> 8:49pm EST
> PROF. JOHN DALY: "SOLDIERS SHOULD EXECUTE SUPERIORS": A prof at Warren
> Community College in New Jersey woke up and took his stupid pills the
> other morning. That can be the only explanation for why he wrote this
> email to a college freshman who had innocently invited him to her campus
> event to hear from Iraq War hero Lt. Col. Scott Rutter."
>
> Still doesn't change the fact of what he did.

Yep, another example of the party of tolerance and light, and it's minions,
at their finest.

Aww, too bad, his bullshit sure had an effect on his job:

*************************
http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-1/11327403421569
60.xml&coll=2

Professor leaves WCCC post

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

By SARA LEITCH

The Express-Times

The adjunct professor at Warren County Community College who sent a
controversial e-mail to a student there resigned on Tuesday, before the
board of trustees began an emergency meeting scheduled to address the
matter.

"As we prepared for that meeting, we received word from Mr. Daly that he had
tendered his resignation from WCCC effective immediately," Board Chairman Ed
Smith said. "The board has accepted his resignation."

Some of the 30 people in the room gasped at the news, including student
Rebecca Beach, whose invitation to a campus speech by a veteran of the Iraq
war provoked an irate response from John Daly, a part-time English professor
at the college.

"Professor John Daly is (teaching) in a state institution and acting on
behalf of the state, and I believe his comments to me is a restriction on my
personal free-speech rights," Beach said.

Beach founded the WCCC chapter of Young Americans for Freedom, a national
conservative activist group. In his e-mail reply to Beach's invitation, Daly
wrote that he would work to keep the group from "showing their face on a
college campus."

Daly did not respond to a call for comment Tuesday.

Board Chairman Ed Smith said he called the trustee meeting to discuss the
facts of the incident and "and certain safety concerns that arose as a
result thereof."
Smith would not explain what he meant by "safety concerns," or what he meant
when he said the board planned to discuss the e-mail "and other facts and
circumstances that came to the Board's attention subsequent thereto."

The college has already assigned a faculty member to teach the rest of
Daly's classes this fall, President Will Austin said. He pledged to include
a tolerance training session at the college's next faculty in-service day,
and to consider a broad range of student input in developing the session.

"We will also rededicate ourselves to a review of our current policies and
procedures to make certain that we continue to foster an open and collegial
learning environment at our institution," Austin said.

A Morris County resident who attended the meeting, retired Air Force Maj.
Ted Sienicki, said he had never had any reason to stop by WCCC before
learning about Daly's e-mail from military friends in other parts of the
country. He congratulated the board for accepting Daly's resignation.

"That's the end of his abuse of authority, and his self-serving abuse of his
position," Sienicki said.

One WCCC student, Jamie Lemelledo, spoke during the meeting and asked why
the dispute couldn't have remained an internal college matter.

"I think it's wrong what some people did, ruining this man's name," she
said. "I don't think the man did anything wrong, I think it's too bad he had
to resign."

Beach said she forwarded Daly's e-mail to the national Young America's
Foundation because she wanted the American people to know his beliefs.

She said she did that at the same time she brought it to Austin's attention.
Things might have turned out differently if the incident hadn't gathered
national attention, she said.

"I just wanted his intolerance exposed," Beach said. "I wanted the people of
this country to see what he said."

.