Re: Sherwood "The Source" dive computer

"Dennis Crabtree" <usenets@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xd_yi.4674$z83.908@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Dennis Crabtree" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:IyPyi.3075$nB3.2367@xxxxxxxxxxx
Can someone explain how to change batteries for a "The Source" dive
computer from Sherwood, or direct me to a site that does?
Dennis

Found an answer.

Early models of "The Source" MUST be serviced by an authorized service
center. Later models were designed to be more user-friendly - they have a
battery compartment with a cover that can be removed using a coin.

I replaced the battery in my "Wisdom" using the coin method. I unfortunately
over tightened it so that the next I tried to open it, the plastic slot was
destroyed. I had to send it into Sherwood. It cost me 240 bucks. The display
had corrupted the second time. I thought a new battery would do the trick.

Money well spent for the security it provides

There are two lithium ion batteries and an o-ring that need attention,
when the compartment is opened. The o-ring should be replaced, and the
new one should be coated with silicone to provide a good seal.

Do not over tighten the battery cover!

  • Re: Sherwood "The Source" dive computer
    ... Sherwood, or direct me to a site that does? ... Early models of "The Source" MUST be serviced by an authorized service center. ... I replaced the battery in my "Wisdom" using the coin method. ... There are two lithium ion batteries and an o-ring that need attention, ...
    (rec.scuba.equipment)
  • Re: Suunto Mosquito - replacement battery
    ... > Hi, anyone have any experience with replacing the sunnto mosquito battery, ... I've changed my Vyper battery without changing the o-ring, ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: Suunto Mosquito - replacement battery
    ... >Hi, anyone have any experience with replacing the sunnto mosquito battery, ... replacement kit, including battery, o-ring, and cover for US $10.99 + ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: Cellphone battery replacement
    ... The two batteries that I have don't hold a charge very well (I ... My cellphone battery only lasts about 3 days when in standby mode without using the phone. ... For a new battery, look in the phone book for the authorized service center for Motorola cellphones, or the wireless service. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Suunto Mosquito - replacement battery
    ... Hi, anyone have any experience with replacing the sunnto mosquito battery, ... according to the manual, it is recommanded to change the cover, o-ring and ...
    (rec.scuba)