Coohoo gets drones, we lose freedom
- From: dave <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:45:16 -0800
WASHINGTON — The Homeland Security Department will use unmanned surveillance aircraft and other technological upgrades in its ongoing effort to protect the southern border of the United States.
The department said Wednesday it has obtained Federal Aviation Administration permission to operate unmanned planes along the Texas border and throughout the Gulf Coast region. Customs and Border Protection will base a surveillance drone at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station in Texas.
Homeland Security also said it is working with the Office of National Drug Control Policy on "Project Roadrunner," a license plate recognition system designed to seek out possible drug traffickers.
- Prev by Date: Re: As Heard On C2C Tonight
- Next by Date: Re: R. AUSTRALIA on 15415 at 0515 UTC
- Previous by thread: R. AUSTRALIA on 15415 at 0515 UTC
- Next by thread: Re: Coohoo gets drones, we lose freedom