Re: Grundig Satellit 750

"SW4ever" <Ethelyn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:30133cac-11c5-463d-b07d-d23e3dddba67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Never before have I hooked up a SW radio to a good outdoor antenna and
been so hugely impressed as with the Sat750.
Signals here were booming in the last 2 days in the afternoon, usually
a noisy, weak signal period at this location. Also my location is
electrically horrendous, masking many signals. But using my Hustler
ground mounted 5BTV vertical, quieting was amazing, all electrical
interference dropped below the receiver noise floor !!! A good outside
antenna appears to be an absolute must with this radio. Reception off
the whip is quite good, but it really shines using a good grade
outdoor antenna.
The memory setup is fantastic. The 500 preset range can be set up
using 25 pages of 20 presets each. I have already programmed over 100
stations in 2 days, some i've never heard here before. I use Page 1
for 0100 UTC hour programs, Page 2 for 0200 UTC etc...Down to Page 24
for 2400 (0000) UTC.
I don't understand some of the critical comments on the 750. Yes it
has some warts,which I am noting and will include in my full review
coming in the next few weeks. But my advice to those who pan the
radio, beg, borrow or buy one and use it for a few days, BUT use only
a GOOD outdoor antenna. You may (or may not) agree with me that for
SW, the 750 is an excellent, fun radio.

I need to know more about outdoor antenae. What to buy? How to set it up?
Etc.

Would love to learn more.

Oz

  • Grundig Satellit 750
    ... Never before have I hooked up a SW radio to a good outdoor antenna and ... Signals here were booming in the last 2 days in the afternoon, ... antenna appears to be an absolute must with this radio. ... The 500 preset range can be set up ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Grundig Satellit 750
    ... Signals here were booming in the last 2 days in the afternoon, ... antenna appears to be an absolute must with this radio. ... The 500 preset range can be set up ... a GOOD outdoor antenna. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Grundig Satellit 750
    ... Never before have I hooked up a SW radio to a good outdoor antenna and ... Signals here were booming in the last 2 days in the afternoon, ... antenna appears to be an absolute must with this radio. ... Plenty of books around on the topic. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Radio World Online: Sonys Tuner Is Rich in Features
    ... external balanced AM loop antenna. ... Sony also packed a wire dipole antenna, identical to the one that came ... full quieting signals to less than six. ... The infrared remote duplicates all the controls on the radio itself ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • New transmission technology promises a powerful revolution in radio signal strength.
    ... New transmission technology promises a powerful revolution in radio ... I'm standing at the bottom of a radio tower in the Everglades. ... At the top, we are told, is a radio transmitter no stronger than the ... and pick up those signals, ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)