Sangean ATS-909 Radio's SSB -versus- Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio's AM-Sync

On Apr 30, 5:30 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:41 pm, Hacienda de Ville <ferrante276-

haciendadevi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Friends,
  I was going crazy trying to decide which radio to get. All of you
wonderful friends gave me so much to consider. I would find one and
then research and find something that scared me. I was going to get
the upcoming Grundig Satellite 750, but it really would not suit my
desire for a portable to take to parks and stuff.
  I came across the Sangean ATS-909 and found a DEAL on Amazon. Most
of their stock was around $250+. However, one seller has it for $91
NEW! I decided based on research and that deal to go with it. I hope I
am not making a mistake. Also, keep in mind this is my first real SW
radio and if I am truly bitten by the bug, I will end up getting the
Satellite 750 for my home use, down the road.
  Check out this page and while the top says around $250, scroll down
about half way and you will see the $91. It came to about $97 with
s/h.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000228GG/ref=dp_olp_2

  Finally I can return to studying music at college. At night when I
should have been practicing, instead I was reading The Passport to
World Band Radio. I hate to see what happens when the radio arrives!
  Thank all of you so much and I will continue to be present here and
thank you for answering repeat questions that I hope did not appear,
for lack of a better word, stupid.

Best to you always,
Haci

IT'S GONE ! - Looks like the $91 Priced Sangean ATS-909
has been Removed from Amazon.Com ~ RHF

Time : 5:30 AM PDT on Date : 30 APR 2008

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000228GG/ref=dp_olp_2

PRICE
FWIW - I always throught that the Sangean ATS-909
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000228GG/
with an OnLine Discount Price of $200+ was 'over-priced'
when compared to the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006IS4X/
with an OnLine Discount Price of $150+

FEATURE
The Sangean ATS-909 Radio's SSB is a nice feature
for Listening to the Amateur Radio Operators -but- the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio's AM-Sync is a much better
feature for Listening to International Shortwave Broadcast
Programming. - imho ~ RHF

  • Re: Listening to many HF utility stations?
    ... Before that I tried it with a Sangean ATS-803A portable ... listening and getting into some pretty serious utility monitoring. ... are a lot better off with a serious radio to do serious UTE listening. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Tony Blair, Jimmy Saville and The Mass Media Effect
    ... interesting combination of 'madness' and fame. ...     you and your cult? ... records played on Radio 2, because they had grown used to hearing ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: The Wonders of HD Radio.
    ... both the Congress and FCC to move forward with an all digital mandate. ... First, unlike television licensees, radio stations are ...    You're addressing everything but the point. ... people didn't seem to care for the clear digital-quality sound, ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: "Radios Losing Strategy"
    ... time - HD radio. ...   Radio has always been Radio's worst enemy. ... was/is still what drives listening. ... "Ford Gets More Sirius" ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Receiving Offfshore Weather Information via HF/SSB Radio
    ...   ... using either a sat phone or a SSB radio. ... High Seas weather broadcasts which are offered in voice at different ...
    (rec.boats)