Re: A Beginners Question

Gary, the Sony receiver is model GX700 ES and the antenna is the standard FM
antenna that came with the receiver. It's probably about 10 years old by
now and still sounds good. It picks up about half of the FM stations that
are available in my area - Las Vegas. Here's what I don't understand. There
are 2 stations. 88.9 and 89.7. Both are NPR with HD. The first one is news
and the second one is classical music. I can get the news station fine. But
what I really want is the music station which is nothing but static. Being
in a county with 2 million people one would think that there would be more
than one classical music station but there is only one and all I get from it
is static. A Radio Shack amplified antenna was not help at all.
Frank
<garyarnold@xxxxxxx> wrote in message