Receiver or Transceiver?
- From: "Dave" <catx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:31:25 -0700
I've been looking at buying a SW radio and was wondering if most receivers
offer more bands (frequencies) than transceivers?
I know I would need to have a license if I want to transmit but if I just
want to listen, then a receiver with plenty of band coverage would be nice.
I ask this because I was told that if I bought just a receiver then I would
be wishing I would have bought a transceiver to enjoy SW as a participant.
Then I read that someone new to SW I might be better off buying a receiver
and to see if they would really want to transmit as well.
Thanks for any and all help on this.
- Prev by Date: Re: Now you can watch DPRK North Korea TV LIVE on the Net
- Next by Date: Re: WBCQ would make a great soap opera
- Previous by thread: (OT) 41 dead in South,Midwest.
- Next by thread: Re: Receiver or Transceiver?