David Eduardo: Why doesn't KFI do this?
- From: David <rickets@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:32:43 GMT
In 1949, the station (by now using the calls KNBC) replaced one of the
old towers with a 550-foot guyed tower, the same one that's still in
use 56 years later as the main tower. This is a most interesting tower
for several reasons: first, it's unusually short for a class I station
on 680... and second, because it's got an insulator about two-thirds
of the way up the tower.
Yes, it's a sectionalized tower - and one with a top hat on the upper
section, to boot, to give the tower a little more electrical height in
lieu of the physical height it couldn't achieve because of the nearby
San Francisco International Airport.
- Prev by Date: Re: Where you at Rickets
- Next by Date: Re: (OT) : Zolzpetez - Thank You For Being The Poster Boy For The Hypocrisy That Is Liberalism
- Previous by thread: Sangean DRM-40
- Next by thread: Re: David Eduardo: Why doesn't KFI do this?