re: Uniden BearCat BC 142XL Operating Instructions Manual

Its so easy to use you really don't need a manual for the Uniden BC
142XL scanner.

Turn it on. Push the "MANUAL" button to stop it from scanning.

Push number 1, then push "MANUAL" again. This should leave you on
channel one.

Using the keypad enter the frequency you want to monitor, then push
"E." Press "REVIEW" at anytime to see what frequency is programmed
there. If the review button flashes 000.0000 on the LED readout
display, you might be entering an invalid frequency. Refer to the list
of acceptable frequencies in the Frequency Range Bands below.

Push "MANUAL" to step to channel number two. Enter the frequency. Push
"E." Push "MANUAL" to step to channel three. Repeat this process until
all the (10) channels are full, or you've run out of frequencies to
enter.

Push "SCAN" to start automatically scanning the frequencies. The
radio will stop when it hears someone talking, and resume scanning two
seconds after the conversation has stopped.

Frequency Range Bands:

20 to 29.7 MHz (10 Meter "Ham" Band)
29.7 to 50 MHz (VHF Low Band)
50 to 54 MHz (6 Meter Amateur Band)
136 to 144 MHz (Military Land Mobile)
144 to 148 MHz (2 Meter "Ham" Band)
406 to 420 MHz (Federal Government Land Mobile)
420 to 450 MHz (70cm "Ham" Band)
450 to 470 MHz (UHF Standard Band)
470 to 512 MHz (UHF "T" Band)

  • Re: Stops Responding
    ... >> push the windows key ... >> fine and it is the video card that is frozen) ... while I'm watching a different channel ... I have a dual tuner tv tuner card and everytime i record one channel and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: HELP!!!
    ... WHAT BUTTONS DO I PUSH AND HOW MANY TIMES DO I PUSH IT TO DELETE A ... CHANNEL IN MY FAVORITES LIST? ... general discussion of Dtv and for direcTiVO go to ... Brought to you by the Binks for Senate campaign comittee. ...
    (rec.video.satellite.dbs)
  • Re: rf modulator, what about transmitter?
    ... say, about 10 feet? ... push a signal from belowdecks on a boat up to a portable ... It doesn't have to be specifically channel 3 of course, ... channel that a regular TV might be able to pick up. ...
    (comp.home.automation)
  • Re: Learn from my kickback event.
    ... >I recently saw a type of push stick that was made to ride in the ... > channel of a Biesemeyer type of fence. ... and push it through. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • net80211 11n fixes: Begin handling 11n channel status flags
    ... Here's the first 11n related patch to push into -HEAD. ... This adds handling 11na/11ng HT/20 channel flags when scanning for ... 11na/11ng APs aren't considered for ... I'd like to push this into -HEAD and a modified version of it into -8. ...
    (freebsd-arch)