Re: IMAX-2000 mod

On Feb 15, 5:17 am, Bob Dobbs <chupaca...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anybody that uses an IMAX-2000 has probably noticed how the flimsy eight foot
fiberglass top radiator blows around quite a bit in even the slightest breeze,
well, my solution was to replace it with a five foot center loaded metal whip
that originally came as a magnet base antenna from Radio Shack. Like any other
decent radio related product that they ever carried, it's no longer being
stocked. After the top section modification the IMAX is much more rigid in even
strong winds and seems to be as broad banded as before plus the slight reduction
in capture area isn't noticeable.
Here's how it now looks:http://i45.tinypic.com/ddweb.jpg
You might need to rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise.
*note - the other two antennas aren't as close as they appear in this pic..

Huh, fancy meeting you here Bob.;-) That's a killer pic. I definitely
this spring want to get a rotor for my beam and the appropriate type
of coax. I've been reading over the net about this "Penetrator"
antenna. Do you know anything about it - is it all it's cracked up to
be? Would a beam be better IYO?
.