LenAnderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:

From: hot-ham-and-che...@xxxxxxxxxxx on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

  Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served. Mikey Coslo never served. Dee Flint never served. Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military. Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN

Steve acts as if status as a lower-ranking Marine is something to be
denigrated.

Do you think being repeatedly busted to a lower rank is something to be proud of?

Like Billy Mitchell?

No, like Frank "Not-a-model-Marine" Gilliland.

Jim acts as if status as a "amateur" is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those radio professionals who were
never amateurs.

Does he? I've seen no evidence of it. The only radio professional here, who isn't a radio amateur, is Len Anderson. Len is an insulting churl.

Jim is a thin-skinned Evangelical CWer.

Dave acts as if status as a DXer is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those who enjoyed DX while not
holding the highest class of amateur licesne.

To those? Well, there's you and you don't seem to know very much about DXing. You seem to equate it with ragchewing across continents.

Hmmmm? I know not to work French hams out of band on 6 meters.

Have you worked any French stations on 6m?

Hmmmm?  I know where to get permission to operate from a piece of real
estate that has no government.

That hasn't been demonstrated.

It took a guy who you claim "doesn't seem to know very much about
DXing" to point that info out to you.

It did? That hasn't been demonstrated either.

But you just can't accept it,
coming from a younger, brighter, better looking, and lower ranking
amateur.  Too bad for you.

I thought you were the only person involved. Now it sounds like there were four in your group.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who is
insecure about his own accomplishments.

Then again, you've been wearing a chip on your shoulders for years.

No chip. No dip. No parrot.

I've got the facts; you make smug remarks.

I'm always happy to provide a smug remark or two to a pipsquawk who thinks he's got all the answers. Maybe you can have your "facts" miniaturized along with your DD-214 so you'll have them all at your disposal.

Dave K8MN

.