Re: GU-81M linear

MAc wrote:
May be google translator will help you.
This PA can work also with one tube.

http://www.cqham.ru/HiFi_Contester_EX8A.htm

This is "hard to kill" tube ;-) - very good to use in club station (idiot proof).

search other articles by EX8A.

MAc
sp9mrn

Many thanks, that gives me enough info to get me started. I plan on using it for RTTY contests, I have an amp using the 4cx800 but the blower gets to me after a few hours. With the price of 3-500Z in my main amp getting silly this looks like the ideal cheap tube to use with the PSU from the 4cx800 (2800V), just bought two of them on ebay for $60 the pair + one socket. I probably wont need the spare as he's had 12 years of contesting out of a pair.

Steve H

  • Re: OT: Designing a power transformer
    ... amp then I will try to replace BOTH OPT in such an amp if ready mades ... The owner was delighted. ... How do you modify an amp so output tube could never go into thermal runaway?- Hide quoted text - ... A coupling cap has failed and become a short circuit, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: 3 cd stereo
    ... you're probably up for a replacement laser. ... wall tube amps from street walk ins. ... tube amp distortion before it gets too loud. ... The Third Programme transmitter that used to be located there, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: 845 first impressions, 22dec07.
    ... But the Chinese ARE FREE to charge more for their tubes.... ... Anyway, considering the amp is a commercial product, I find ... and efficiency quite high for class A triodes. ... tube line up, with well applied NFB so that there is almost as much NFB ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Prototype "tube-like" solid-state amp circuit
    ... or so in power - and I want it to sound good. ... you can't just swap a transistor for a tube. ... decided to do was use the transistors in Sziklai or Darlington pairs, ... worse than a typical pentode amp without feedback. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: About stability and feedback
    ... McIntosh or others. ... A "conservative amp" built by a copycat will never be as ... of mediocre makers of tube gear. ... So its wise to include the local CFB of a CFB output stage in the total ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)