Re: "Secret" code for pyrotechnics

On Aug 17, 3:47 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
<lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

"hhc...@xxxxxxxxx" <hhc...@xxxxxxxxx> fired this volley innews:1187379281.149662.263540@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

gerb -- A type of fountain used to produce specific visual effects,
usually refers to devices on set pieces and wheels

Not "usually". A gerb is a fountain. A "sheaf of wheat" is the image
conjured up by the term.

nipple -- A short section of paper tube (often a dime wrapper) emplyed
to couple sections of match or timers together

Bucket. Nipples get hard when it's cold. Buckets don't.

I hope you're also hammering the terminology out in that wiki we have
(where I haven't looked in a long time and forgot the URL of).

.