Re: "Secret" code for pyrotechnics

On Aug 17, 3:47 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
<lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

"hhc...@xxxxxxxxx" <hhc...@xxxxxxxxx> fired this volley innews:1187379281.149662.263540@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

gerb -- A type of fountain used to produce specific visual effects,
usually refers to devices on set pieces and wheels

Not "usually". A gerb is a fountain. A "sheaf of wheat" is the image
conjured up by the term.

nipple -- A short section of paper tube (often a dime wrapper) emplyed
to couple sections of match or timers together

Bucket. Nipples get hard when it's cold. Buckets don't.

I hope you're also hammering the terminology out in that wiki we have
(where I haven't looked in a long time and forgot the URL of).

  • Re: "Secret" code for pyrotechnics
    ... On Aug 20, 7:55 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" ... usually refers to devices on set pieces and wheels ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: "Secret" code for pyrotechnics
    ... usually refers to devices on set pieces and wheels ... to couple sections of match or timers together ... Bucket. ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: "Secret" code for pyrotechnics
    ... usually refers to devices on set pieces and wheels ... to couple sections of match or timers together ... Bucket. ... Nipples get hard when it's cold. ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)