Re: HC SD card queries
- From: Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:39:32 +0100
Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article <nupt249rrvai8tbcsvpadrmde10qkdtnui@xxxxxxx>,
Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 4 GB 'SDHC' SD card which I bought impulsively (cheap, high
capacity) some months ago. I could not get it to work in the Belkin
The only card reader I've found that would read my SDHC card, was made
by SanDisk. It is their "ImageMate 12 in 1", model SDDR-89
It is a USB card reader with capability of reading cards in several
formats. I bought mine in Walmart for around $27.
As an option, albeit not that quite that cheap, I'm using a Sony MRW62E
reader for SDHC.
The only camera I have that can use the SDHC card, is a Pentax *ist DS
with the latest firmware upgrade. These cards have been available for a
couple of years, but they don't seem to have caught on enough for the
card reader manufacturers to support them.
I read the claims on at least 15 different readers - at up to $50 each -
that were on the shelf about three weeks ago; I only found one that
actually specified SDHC compatability. (The one I mention above)
Thanks for all those further replies, very helpful. I reckon I was
making an unjustified assumption about the support for SDHC.
Probably have to buy another reader.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
- Prev by Date: Re: Hot_selling_now_..please_contact_to_MSN:xmfengyi @hotmail.com
- Next by Date: Re: Help please - Optical image stabilization with telephoto adapter?
- Previous by thread: Re: HC SD card queries
- Next by thread: Re: HC SD card queries