Re: DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
[]
Film can't match a typical 12-bit digital camera, though
it's a good match for 10-bit cameras.

I would cite a list of URLs for you, but it is rather
obvious that this is a learning problem, not just a
matter of seeing the data. You've probably seen all of
it before, and clearly have just decided not to learn
anything.

To each his own; there can be advantages to such an
approach.

No need for a list of URLs, just one or two supporting your position (that
film has a dynamic range of not significantly more than 1000:1) would
suffice.

Thanks,
David

  • Re: What am I doing wrong?
    ... >Floyd L. Davidson wrote: ... >> The cite doesn't apply to the example we've been discussing, ... and the posted reference describes what ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: What am I doing wrong?
    ... >Floyd L. Davidson wrote: ... >> The cite doesn't apply to the example we've been discussing, ... and the posted reference describes what ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Question about digital resolution
    ... floyd@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote: ... of the line>12 MP cameras will do for 20x24 and 10 MP is ... Typo alert: where it says 2400x4000, ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: What am I doing wrong?
    ... Floyd L. Davidson wrote: ... since that appears a reasonable site for a cite... ...