Re: How long does it take a JPG to deteriorate?

ben brugman writes:

My JPEG's do detoriate, sometimes you do not notice, and
sometimes the complete lower part of a JPEG is gray.
Sometimes from a certain point onward the color changes.

If this happens to JPEGs stored on disk, your disk drive is about to
fail. You'll start to see it in other files very soon.

  • Re: How long does it take a JPG to deteriorate?
    ... sometimes the complete lower part of a JPEG is gray. ... Sometimes from a certain point onward the color changes. ... But in a few cases the detoriation happend without read errors ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: How long does it take a JPG to deteriorate?
    ... sometimes the complete lower part of a JPEG is gray. ... Sometimes from a certain point onward the color changes. ... Who says .doc files don't yellow? ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: dig camera as book scanner --- again
    ... I think the jpeg algorithm works by blending pixels. ... continuous small color changes, ... You just plug in the memory card from the camera into a memory card reader, ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: dig camera as book scanner --- again
    ... I think the jpeg algorithm works by blending pixels. ... continuous small color changes, ... Other that buying a camera that has TIFF as output image. ... have the lights for it in stock, which I think I should try with it, ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: Disk Management
    ... Could you post back a .jpeg screenshot of the Disk Management window? ... first use your screen capture tool to take a shot and ... and use follow 7 onward from this tutorial ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)