Re: Creating the safest electronic family album with which program?
- From: "Freddo" <homealone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:38:59 +1100
"HvdV" <nohanz@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Freddo wrote:
>> Thanks Paul .. metadata inside the image file itself and auto generated
>> HTML at any time is most interesting and makes heaps of sense. But how
>> would you add text to the auto generated HTML that is not associated with
>> a photo when you auto generate? Does the auto generated HTML create
>> photos of the size you want or in the place you want? How do I try it,
>> with a simple perl script thing?
>> Thanks Hans, bitmap is ok would you say? No-one mentions Bitmap to store
> IIRC microsoft .bmp files are limited to max 8-bit RGB colors, maybe not
> ideal. As another poster mentions, ppm (Portable Pixel Map), is another
> good alternative. What's nice is that the header is plain ascii, the image
> data can be in ascii too. Supports 16 bits per color, no dedicated space
> for comments but you can insert comment lines in the header by preceding
> them with a '#'. Simple! See http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/ppm.html
> for more and for a C-library.
> -- Hans
- Prev by Date: Re: B&H and Adorama Closed!
- Next by Date: Re: Adjusting Zoom During Exposure
- Previous by thread: Re: Creating the safest electronic family album with which program?
- Next by thread: Query ???