Re: Anyone here using imageMagick?
- From: Bill Tuthill <can@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 31 Oct 2005 10:34:09 -0800
Måns Rullgård <mru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My linux adventure continues. I've just come across ImageMagick. Looks
>> very exciting. Supports over 90 images formats. An incredible amount of
>> command line tools...
> I use it every now and then for image viewing and simple batch
> processing. For complicated batch processing, the Gimp can be used in
> batch mode, although I don't use that all too frequently.
ImageMagick is better than GIMP for resampling, especially downsampling.
You get a wider choice of algorithms and some seem to be better implemented.
I like the "identify" program to check out file type.
The "composite -compose difference" command is easier than trying to tell
the difference between two images using the Photoshop difference layer.
ImageMagick and GIMP are better than Photoshop for editing and writing JPEG.
Maybe I could think of some more uses for ImageMagick. It's well worth
compiling and installing if you have any interest in imaging.
- Prev by Date: Re: DMM testing batteries under load -- what resistance?
- Next by Date: Re: Don't use Pixmania
- Previous by thread: Re: Tiger Direct--STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!
- Next by thread: Re: Anyone here using imageMagick?