Re: How far...

In article <q_mdnaADrbStpGbfRVn-3Q@xxxxxxxxxx>,
"Celcius" <cosmar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CFB,
> Not to belabour the point, but you were originally talking about: "I think
> the look of 35mm is more realistic". Realistic? Meaning what? In what way is
> it different from Fidelity? Then you introduce "art".

> This is a nother
> dimension. Art photography is more with rendering a mood, posing a question,
> etc. It may have very little to do with replicationg the scene we see. Of
> course, if you prefer the "looks" of film image... I have no more to say.
> ;-)

Yes, apologies, I do swing that around without explanation. Reality as
in having emotion, evoking a feeling, alive, yada yada more bullshit.

"the conception that objects of sense perception or cognition exist
independently of the mind."

But me does likes looks of pretty flower on the lighty box thingy.

--

http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/

  • Re: How far...
    ... if you prefer the "looks" of film image... ... >> in comparing Film cameras to Digitals. ... Would the film camera do a better job than, ... > film images from a digital camera one should buy a film camera. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Interesting Experiment
    ... The ones that don't are transferred to film for projection, ... it on a public forum. ... a digital image and a film image showing what you think is the clear ... and the best three film images. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Canon 5D Dark Corners - Yes and No.
    ... be to shoot a frame with your 5D and with a film camera using the ... same lens, and then comparing the actual amount of vignetting? ... That hasn't stopped those who have reached full frame digital from a different route or even those who do not even have a full from digital camera claiming that their is a difference. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: How far...
    ... >> in comparing Film cameras to Digitals. ... By and large though, comparing "equally well ... Would the film camera do a better job than, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Digital photography - Focal length multiplier
    ... The result of this is that any lens appears to have a narrower angle of view when used on a digital SLR than on a 35mm film camera. ... Bigger sensors mean less variance from the effect the lens give son 35mm film, meaning your wideangle lenses still work as wide-angle. ...
    (alt.photography)