Re: Warning about Brooklyn camera vendor (hotbuyselectronics.com/)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:14:19 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:

>> I haven't yet contacted the BBB of New York (been pretty busy lately)
>> but I will file a complaint with them. I just wish I knew about these
>> reviews on the web BEFORE I bought from this unscrupulous brooklyn
>> camera outfit. When I called hotbuys electronics' toll-free number, the
>> person who took the call said they didn't know if it was new or used.
>> Go figure.
>
> Why would you buy from them?
> Oh, yes; low price.

One point I think he missed is that this dealer, although probably
not one of the best, is far from the worst. The camera doesn't even
sound like it was refurbished. It sounds "used" (a scratch, worn
label, no Nikon box). But with no complaint about missing items,
such as manual, batteries, etc. it sounds like he got a camera in
good working condition with more than one would expect when buying
from eBay. And also at a very good price ($140 plus S&H), based on
what you found:

> From what I can see in a quick look, over $250 is new,
> under $200 is used/refurbished. YMMV.

  • 10.3.9- Mac demands a digital camera?
    ... First thing on the screen after login was a complaint of "unable to connect to device" with a picture of a camera on it. ... I could write a cron script to kill 'TWAINBridge' but I'd much ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: The Proms tonight
    ... cameraman crept round a bit so we could see his face a bit better, ... something dome by a bloke with his first video camera. ... "Your complaint is important to us ... The BBC Trust ensures BBC programmes are high quality. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: KODAK Saying GOODBYE To Customer Service?
    ... The BBB will take any complaint that sounds legit; ... And with a company like a camera company, ... Customer sends the camera in for repair, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Complaint Heard Re: You know I dont like to complain, but....
    ... We would love to follow along on the web's kotelcam even if it is ... It would appear that your complaint has been heard. ... I have just this moment viewed the kotel cam at http://www.aish.com/wallcam/. ... Just above the camera ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • camera
    ... What is the best choice of camera that combines high megapixel, ... ease of use, and low price? ... We've been using the Sony DSC P200, ...
    (alt.photography)