Puppy Mastiff wants to Nip at Faces
- From: "Von Fourche" <khonakong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 01:20:40 -0400
My sister has a Mastiff/German Shepard mix although it looks almost pure
Mastiff to me. The dog is a female and I guess still a puppy but she is
large and growing big and bigger every day. I don't see any German Shepard
in her at all. Also, my sister got her fixed a month ago.
Here is the problem - this dog wants to take small bites/nips at faces.
When I go to her house, the dog gets real excited to see me. So, I get on
my knees to play with her. She constantly wants to get right up to my face
and take small nips at my face. She does that to everyone else too.
Now, I had a Samoyed for twelve years. He never tried to bite or take
small nibbles at my face. Yeah, he liked to lick my face, but never take
So, what is the problem? Is this common with the Mastiff breed? This dog
is treated well (as far as I know.) My sister and her son don't abuse
animals, they are animal lovers. Could this problem have come from the
person who gave the puppy to my sister?
And, how does one go about correcting this? A sharp "NO" and a slap on
the dogs face?
- Prev by Date: Re: Pirate *was Re: Muttley and the Power Jungle (New pix)*
- Next by Date: Re: Muttley and the Power Jungle (New pix)
- Previous by thread: Re: A helping hand
- Next by thread: Re: Puppy Mastiff wants to Nip at Faces