Re: Iceland volcano -OT-
- From: "Joy" <toastie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:48:46 -0700
True. However, some people's jobs could be at stake. Many people are
traveling for pleasure, but those who are trying to get home could face all
sorts of major problems if they can't get there. One can't blame people for
No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken
"Christina Websell" <tina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well, here's a choice
1. Fly through volcanic ash and die as your plane comes down
2. Wait getting irritated at the airport as there is a delay.
"Granby" <spaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
That was on TV the other night. The people that are getting mad because
they won't fly through and of that stuff just amaze me.
"Adrian" <anca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There was a reader's digest story many years ago about a 747 that flew
through volcanic ash and all four engines stopped. It had to glide
(over a mountain range) to reach a place to land. Also, the ash
the windshield so it was almost impossible to see through it. The
did manage to restart two of the engines. This was a true story.
I saw that plane on the ground at Heathrow Airport after that, I think
it was 1983, all the front widows were opaque and a lot of the paint was
stripped off. I really had to admire the pilot for landing safely.
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
- Prev by Date: Re: Iceland volcano
- Next by Date: Re: I really should get out more (mostly OT)
- Previous by thread: Re: Iceland volcano -OT-
- Next by thread: Re: Iceland volcano -OT-