Re: Iceland volcano -OT-
- From: "Granby" <spaz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:09:53 -0500
That was on TV the other night. The people that are getting mad because
they won't fly through and of that stuff just amaze me.
"Adrian" <anca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There was a reader's digest story many years ago about a 747 that flew
through volcanic ash and all four engines stopped. It had to glide
(over a mountain range) to reach a place to land. Also, the ash abraded
the windshield so it was almost impossible to see through it. The pilot
did manage to restart two of the engines. This was a true story.
I saw that plane on the ground at Heathrow Airport after that, I think it
was 1983, all the front widows were opaque and a lot of the paint was
stripped off. I really had to admire the pilot for landing safely.
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
- Prev by Date: Re: I really should get out more (mostly OT)
- Next by Date: Re: Iceland volcano
- Previous by thread: Re: Iceland volcano -OT-
- Next by thread: Re: Iceland volcano -OT-