Re: [OT] PC Network Help Needed Please
- From: Christine BA <christal63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:12:44 +0200
"Christine BA" <christal63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
| The simplest solution would be if your router/modem allows for two
| computers to connect to it, like my parents' one does, and mine actually
| too, though we only have this one comp now. In this case one just plugs
| both outgoing cables from comp to modem and start surfing. But when it
| gets more complicated, I'm afraid I can't help...
This router has 5 connections for ethernet cables, 4 of which are together in a group and one off by itself. I would have tried what you suggest except that I don't know which cable to connect where.
Mine is a TeleWell and also has 4 + 1 connections. The 4 are labled L1-L4 and the cable from my comp goes into L1. When I was with my ex, we had the connections L1 and L2 in use for our comps. The one separate is labled DSL and has the cable from the router to the wall socket.
Would the site of the manufacturer of your router have some information as to what to plug where? It's obvious it's capable of multiple comps with all those connections provided.
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
- Prev by Date: Re: Minnie's little surprises
- Next by Date: Re: How Persia Hides Toy Mousies
- Previous by thread: Re: [OT] PC Network Help Needed Please
- Next by thread: Re: [OT] PC Network Help Needed Please