Re: Happy Mother's Day
- From: bobblespin <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:54:31 +0000 (UTC)
"Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
Any hints on phrases to use?
My problem is that I revert to being a child, and have the emotional
responses of a child, when my parents and I get into these
"discussions." In the past, I have planned and plotted the rational
and adult thing to say until you'd think I'd have it down pat -- but
in the heat of the moment, boom, everything flies out the window and
I'm a kid again, rising whiny voice and all.
The trick is not to get into a discussion about it. I usually say: "That's
the way I do it."
If she goes on about the terrible things that might happen to me if I do it
that way, I just say "Well, I'll deal with it if it happens." and then
change the subject.
If she goes on some more, I repeat the same sentences until she eventually
realizes she's not getting anywhere. Practice makes perfect.
- Prev by Date: Re: Another forklift picture
- Next by Date: Re: Happy Mother's Day
- Previous by thread: Re: Happy Mother's Day
- Next by thread: Re: Happy Mother's Day