Farmer applies for patent on do-it-yourself RV
- From: "Technobarbarian" <Technobarbarian-ztopzpam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:47:01 -0700
"A farmer in Shaanxi province in Northwest China spent around 300,000 yuan ($47,000) to turn a van into a recreational vehicle and has submitted a patent application for his creation.
Wang Donghu, 49, a villager in Anfeng village in Pucheng county, has studied technology since he was a teenager.
One day in January, he came up with the idea to build a recreational vehicle capable of driving around the country.
"I took my van, which was used to send fish produced in my fish ponds as the main material for my RV, and successfully realized my dream after months of hard work," Wang told China Daily on Tuesday.
Wang's van was turned into a motor home with a bed, a television, an air-conditioner, a refrigerator, a gas stove, a bath and a mahjong table.
The total area of the RV is around 20 square meters. The van's walls were specially treated, and the inside is comfortable.
A generator and battery can provide electricity for the vehicle.
"The battery can be used for five days in wild conditions if the air-conditioner is not used at the same time," Wang said.
Wang invested around 300,000 yuan in his RV. Some factory-made RVs cost more than 1 million yuan.
"I had handed a patent application to the State department concerned and hope my RV can help realize the dream of ordinary people to have a cheaper RV for traveling around in their own vehicles," Wang said."
- Prev by Date: Amateur astronomers put mobile RV observatory up for sale
- Next by Date: Re: OT - He's baack
- Previous by thread: Amateur astronomers put mobile RV observatory up for sale
- Next by thread: Babeu's blunders turn border issues into a joke [OT]