Re: RV Maintenance
- From: Lon VanOstran <lvanostran@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:07:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Jul 27, 9:25 pm, Frank Tabor <fta...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:19:02 -0500, nothermark wrote:
After two years I finally got around to trying to clean the outside of
1. I have black streaks in places that look like they may come off the
roof. Any thoughts about how to clean them?
2. Should I be checking anything in particular on the roof?
3. Ditto cleaning/lubricating anything on the roof?
4. I think I got the message to clean it, wax it, then order a driwash
kit with Bob's number. Did I miss something in all the notes?
5. I found one rubber window gasket pulled out at a corner. it popped
in when I ran my finger down it. Is it OK to glue them if they don't
stay in place? I'm thinking weather stripping adhesive but open to
The black streaks will continue unless you clean the roof. There are a
lot of cleaners out there, but a little Tide and simple green and a scrub
brush will do as well as anything.
The sealant around the window is butyl rubber. It comes in a roll with a
paper backing on it. You may be able to tear off a piece and work it in
there to seal it, but you should seriously consider pulling the window, a
and reapply a new layer of butyl rubber around it,
I THINK MAN INVENTED THE CAR by instinct.
-- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.
That isn't the rubber he was talking about, Frank. He meant real
rubber. It wouldn't be a problem, other than cosmetics if he left the
decorative rubber strip off. the outside of the windows. They are
usually too short, or shrink until they are, and then come loose
either at the corners, or at the ends. If you take them out, and work
them back in from one end, they will stay nicely, but will be
obviously too short to reach the full length of the track.
- Re: RV Maintenance
- From: nothermark
- Re: RV Maintenance
- Prev by Date: Re: hot humid summer oddity
- Next by Date: Re: RV Maintenance
- Previous by thread: Re: RV Maintenance
- Next by thread: Re: RV Maintenance