Re: OT- GB in NC
- From: Bob Giddings <bobg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:20:35 -0600
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 02:13:43 -0800, DonLampson@xxxxxxxxx (Don
Thanks for posting Mrs GB's appreciation for the cards!
GB planned to sing a duet with me, on one of my songs, about "Isla
He said, others thought his voice sounded like Neil Young, and he
would get a friend of his to record his voice over mine, sort of like
karaoke, then he'd send me a CD of it.
GB said I'd be surprised how well our voices would go together!
Maybe we can sing together in some other place, once I've joined him
there - That is, if I go to the same place where he is, providing
there's such a place for either of us to go, when we're not here any
I'm sure sorry things turned out like they did for GB!
I've always considered there had to be a special place for
karaoke singers, where they'd get their just deserts, lip
synching to scratchy old Sinatra records for all eternity, while
the devils howled like lonesome dogs in sympathy.
The idea that there might be karaoke in heaven simply never
occurred to me.
Thanks. I still learn something every day, though it often seems
like the same thing over and over.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT ~ The Change We Have Been Waiting For
- Next by Date: Re: Ping "the Hamster" interesting times north of the border
- Previous by thread: Re: OT- GB in NC
- Next by thread: Re: OT- GB in NC