Re: OT--WHO IS THE "REAL" LON VAN OSTRAN?

JMAC wrote:
On Sep 6, 3:13 pm, Janet Wilder <kelliepoo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Call me Pollyanna, if you must, but I'm just not going to give up on my fellow human beings.

<much snipping throughout>

Nobody asks you to "give up on your fellow human beings" but did you
ever hear about the social process call enabling. Enablement is when
some refuse to ever see bad in others and refuse to ever punish and/or
censure others for that bad.

I think I've posted my fair share of "censure" to those whom I felt deserved it. <g>

Sorry, Janet, your rose-colored-glasses approach simply doesn't work
for the good of the order, it only helps you, the enabler, and allows
you to hide in a cocoon and be protected from backlash. Like I said
earlier, the head-in-the-sand approach.

No matter how sharp the words are, no one bleeds. No matter how many verbal swords are brandished, no one is cut. No one suffers any physical harm from Usenet, except maybe those who have such abiding hatred for others, or such deep-rooted anger that they harm themselves with their own emotions. My head's not in the sand. I just know what is real and what is not.

And put on your blinders to the negative?? That's sim[ply not a real-
life approach. That's like a little kid in a scary movie covering his
eyes till the scary parts over. That action teaches him nothing about
dealing with fear. It's a form of running away from reality (i.e. the
head-in-the-sand approach to life).

I'm not afraid of Usenet. Nothing on Usenet can hurt me in my real life. I can get pissed with some people here and I exercise my right to filter them or not respond if I chose.

IMO, anyone who has to look to Usenet for real-life socialization needs to get out more. <g>

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

  • Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: My Retirement From Usenet
    ... > I have had a long and enjoyable career here on Usenet. ... > When a blithering jackass like Alex Cain or Dick 'FreeSpeechStore' Scoville ... > freaks have the ability to impact my offline life in a negative fashion. ... > me to your LJ friends' list, ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: "Pope accused of spreading fear about homosexuals"
    ... Perhaps my life is a tad empty because I don't often read novels, ... and have to avoid games for risk of becoming so ... There is a different form of bigotry on Usenet, and whilst I like it better ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)
  • Re: Introduction
    ... which indicates that you don't know how Usenet ... welcome to talk about their beliefs. ... How is that disrespectful? ... of me and my life. ...
    (uk.religion.pagan)
  • Re: speaking of wheres ???
    ... years talking to middle-aged people on Usenet about the Top 10 Dark ... past life. ... comes down to it, a stupid kid. ... and talk about the problems in Books IV-VII of Aristotle's ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa
    ... the cat's in the cupboard but it can't catch me ... no one else has got your eyes ... it's up to you to change your life ... refuse to play their game ...
    (sci.math)