Re: OT- help with ckt breaker on Craftsman table saw

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:35:24 GMT, "Max"
<thesameoldme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Mike Hendrix" <mikehendrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> My Craftsman table saw stopped working. I traced the problem to a
>> bad/inoperative ckt breaker.
>>
>> When I called Sears they said they could order the part for
>> me---$33.99. That ain't going to happen.
>>
>> Can some of you give me some advice on where to get a substitute ckt
>> breaker?
>>
>> The ckt breaker had the following on it: CGJ30EB KLIXON
>>
>> The motor is 10-amps 60hz 1ph
>>
>> What about characteristics of this "button" type ckt
>> breaker/protector? Should it be a "quick-pop"? What size? The motor
>> is 10-amp should it be a 10-amp breaker?
>>
>> Written directions on the table saw say to operate it on a household
>> 15-amp ckt.
>>
>> A replacement ckt breaker does not have to be the exact replacement I
>> will jury rig a replacement if it is shaped different.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> mike
>> --
>> Mike Hendrix
>> Pensacola
>> http://travellogs.us/
>
>Have you tried here:
>
>http://www.ti.com/snc/products/controls/tcb.htm
>
>Texas Instruments is the Manufacturer of Klixon CBs. That part # would
>indicate (to me) that it's 30amp.
>
>Max

-----------------------------
Max, that site says it is a thermal CB...... I was able to get
several phone numbers from distributors. I will call them tomorrow.

thanks,
mike
--
Mike Hendrix
Pensacola

  • Re: OT- help with ckt breaker on Craftsman table saw
    ... > The ckt breaker had the following on it: CGJ30EB KLIXON ... > A replacement ckt breaker does not have to be the exact replacement I ... > Mike Hendrix ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • OT- help with ckt breaker on Craftsman table saw
    ... When I called Sears they said they could order the part for ... The ckt breaker had the following on it: ... A replacement ckt breaker does not have to be the exact replacement I ... Mike Hendrix ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)