Phish reunion rumors?

x-no-archive: yes

So there are a series of rumors tracing back to Trey (RS) and Tom Marshall
(popmatters) that Trey is ready to play with the band again. So this makes
me wonder once again -- what is Mike Gordon's Chicago Blowout, promoted on
the Magic Hat website? Little indication of when (Early September), where
(Chicago someplace), or who (Mike Gordon "curated") this would entail.
Could this be something that was set up as an undefined event that Mike
could turn into a Phish fest right in the center of the country and
accessible by from both coasts, sponsored by their hometown brewery -- but
which could just be a "summer variety show" if those plans don't
materialize? Just a guess. Are there still folks out there who would have
some contacts who could see what kinds of venues are getting booked for the
beginning of September?

  • Re: Why is there more Phish discussion on the Dead newsgroup then here??!!
    ... estimate total crowd of about 8000-9000 and mostly Phish heads. ... Second set was Trey on guitar, ... Lee Blues, then about 45 minutes into the set the whole band left, I ... Then one by one each band member came on and Mike left. ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • Re: The first time you heard Phish...
    ... The songs in the later days ... Trey definitely wasn't the ONLY x factor in the later years. ... Fish had forgotten how to play it, ... heard I would say that Mike was far and away the strongest link in the ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • Why is there more Phish discussion on the Dead newsgroup then here??!!
    ... I just read over at RMGD that Trey, Mike, AND Page played with Phil's ... estimate total crowd of about 8000-9000 and mostly Phish heads. ... Lee Blues, then about 45 minutes into the set the whole band left, I ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • Re: Does Your Town Have Bars Like This?
    ... and need a cover band to play from 10'ish pm til 1'ish am. Estimated ... Thanks, Mike ... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Grateful Dead. ... started out by playing for free, since they continued to play for free ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Trey and Page with the Allman Brothers Thursday March 12, Beacon Theater
    ... that run and honestly that's the only thing I've ever heard him play ... with Trey and Mike. ... Usually if I get a great first set (or second set), ... Mike and the Benevnto Russo duo. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)