Re: Is Jonas Kaufmann of Jewish Origin?

On Apr 25, 5:57 am, "jochenlan...@xxxxxxxx" <jochenlan...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 23 Apr., 15:29, clem <labin...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 23, 4:52 am, "jochenlan...@xxxxxxxx" <jochenlan...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

To return
to the original question, does anyone know if Jonas Kaufmann is of
Jewish origin...

He is from an old Catholic family.
 but what is
"an old Catholic family"?  Does this mean that his parents had their
children late in life? (of course not) That the family has been
Catholic for many generations?

I am sorry that I started a controversy!  I mean exactly as you say,
"the
family has been Catholic for many generations."

best regards,

Jochen

Apologies from me as well. No controversy intended, but it was
entirely my fault!

Paul

  • Re: Is Jonas Kaufmann of Jewish Origin?
    ... does anyone know if Jonas Kaufmann is of ... Jewish origin... ...  Does this mean that his parents had their ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Is Jonas Kaufmann of Jewish Origin?
    ... does anyone know if Jonas Kaufmann is of ... Jewish origin... ...  Does this mean that his parents had their ... I'm sorry as well - of course thats what it meant. ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Frum Jews and College
    ... year public college of her choice. ... needed to choose a local school and live at home. ... Jewish or torah observant or limit himself to dating or marrying ... This is is the goal to which all parents should ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: W. Wall bar mitzva for Rahm Emanuels son?
    ... You want the parents to be telling them from the day ... put on the earth with a mission, and a major part of that mission is ... to ensure the survival of the Jewish people. ... Best regards, ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: When ghetto walls crumble
    ... Can you produce some hard evidence that Jewish parents murdered ... I did not say or imply that any Jew had threatened to murder his ... just as Jewish kids left the fold. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)