Kent WC-16

i got this off ebay for less than 50 bucks but had no time to try it
out.

yesterday, after spending an hour trying to figure out how to install
it, i was very surprised with the result.

IMO, the pickup sounds great. More like a microphone than a pickup. It
is really warm and woody. What was irritating is that i cannot get the
"rod" thing to float. I cant imagine how older jazzers can take their
archtops with dearmonds to a gig without spending time tightening the
screws and adjusting the pickup. FYI, I went through a Trace Elliot
acoustic amp.

Oh, i had to buy a 3.5mm to 1/4 adaptor. I wonder why dearmonds and
kents do not use the standard 1/4 inch.

Well, for those who do not like the pickup and have one at home, sell
it to me

  • Re: Kent WC-16
    ... after spending an hour trying to figure out how to install ... More like a microphone than a pickup. ... their archtops with dearmonds to a gig without spending time ... I also had the same mounting issue; ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Jerrys TB500 for sale
    ... this one has been spending its time. ... While $595,000 may seem just a tad on the expensive side, keep in mind that ... this price includes a 360 Systems Slavedriver Guitar Synthesizer (the pickup ... for which was installed by none other than Dan Healy!). ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: What can I say?
    ... get me a pickup that actually sounds good. ... If I thought spending more ... money would get me a better pickup, ... that's better than awful at arco - arco seems to be the worst w/ ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: CHENEY SHOT IN ANGER !?
    ... media used to drag down the gravel road behind a pickup. ... I don't know about the rest of this stuff but I got ten bucks says ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • FS P2K glass in RI used
    ... Nice condition, a few tiny scratches here and there, 100 bucks, pickup ... do not want to risk shipping a glass. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)