Re: OT: computer help

Since you have to ask, bring it to a repairman or any computer geek you
happen to know.

well, i did this to my parents' computer years ago, and it was just a
matter of taking off the cover and putting the card into a free slot.
but that was a tower (don't know the proper term), not a laptop. i'm
not sure if the laptop is any harder to get inside of and do this
stuff to. if it's not a terribly difficult job, i don't want to pay
somebody to do it for me.

First, though, we should establish just how much memory
you do have. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and then mouseclick the "performance
tag" in the box that pops up. Tell us if what the "Physical memory"
total is.

489904

thanks,
myles

  • Re: Advice sought from Men of the World
    ... revenue in order to bring about equality in this country. ... very hard and can't seem to get ahead no matter what. ... Or the right parents. ... Alex, with all due respect, that is a whiney bunch of crap. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cracking admin password on Win 2000; then putting it back?
    ... In most cases it doesn't matter, ... > on my own PowerBook laptop. ... I pack up the laptop and head to a shopping center down the street ... I'll bet their Win2K machines are secured with LANMAN2. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Cracking admin password on Win 2000; then putting it back?
    ... In most cases it doesn't matter, ... >>on my own PowerBook laptop. ... I pack up the laptop and head to a shopping center down the street ... > if U think that it is impossible to crack the machines that secured with LANMAN2, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Family camp help
    ... In fact we CRB all parents now as a matter of course. ... I do hope that it's the Groups exec, because there is no way that you can dress up putting through checks for every parent as "volunteers" and so get the taxpayer to pay for them. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Bog
    ... shop-bought tomato ketchup. ... For that matter, so do I. I'm sorry, but no amount of home-molished sauce, no matter how good, can molish up for the lack of proper ketchup. ... Since many parents are for various reasons unable to provide optimal nutrition it seems only fair that the state should take over some of the responsibility for educating those deprived children, and introducing them to healthy alternatives. ... There is a lot more to education than sums and spelling. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)