Re: OT: computer help

Since you have to ask, bring it to a repairman or any computer geek you
happen to know.

well, i did this to my parents' computer years ago, and it was just a
matter of taking off the cover and putting the card into a free slot.
but that was a tower (don't know the proper term), not a laptop. i'm
not sure if the laptop is any harder to get inside of and do this
stuff to. if it's not a terribly difficult job, i don't want to pay
somebody to do it for me.

First, though, we should establish just how much memory
you do have. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and then mouseclick the "performance
tag" in the box that pops up. Tell us if what the "Physical memory"
total is.

489904

thanks,
myles