Re: Lorne Lofsky with Oscar peterson

Ok. You're right and I'm wrong.
Happy?

JP wrote:

The reason he is not suited, is that in this setting you need to hear is a
strong swing definite lines first and foremost.
And that doesn't happen in these clips. Is it not what the OP trio and
variants are all about?
Along with a one foot in the blues. And its not there.

JP and Ulf did this extremely well. They suited the OP thing..especially JP
who comes very much from the same bag.
Ulf has enormous technique and seems comfortable wearing many hats.. That's
why they kept the gig for many years.

.

"Joey Goldstein" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

JP wrote:

You can't help compare him to Joe Pass or Ulf in this setting.

You can't. I can.

As fine a player that he is, I tend to agree with RB in that, he's not
suited to this ensemble.

You both seem to want to hear things that I don't happen to really want
to hear, and IMO that's all that's going on here. I agree that Lorne is
not the usual thing that OP usually has on guitar. The difference is
that *I* like that and you guys don't.

JP