ukulele resource for guitarists
- From: Stephen Calder <calder999@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:46:51 +1000
Ukulele resource for guitarists.
Although the ukulele was my first instrument, I have tended to sneer at it because of its limited range and use as a gimmick. I was in the music shop this week and heard one being played that sounded so good I succumbed and picked it up -- a Chinese-made soprano called a Lanikai, ostensibly from Lanikai Ukuleles, Hawaii but clearly marked "crafted in China". It has a serial number and a nice logo, so perhaps the Hawaiians did have some input. The Chinese can't do logos, or even good typography in English, to save their lives.
Anyway, the point is that of course I set about finding chord charts and so on on the net and found a marvelous resource that guitarists interested in classic songs will also find very useful. Great arrangements of these songs, with both uke chord charts and also charts with just chord names so there's no clutter for guitarists. One of the best features is a rendition of each song to remind you or tell you exactly what it's supposed to sound like.
- Prev by Date: Dick Rosmini's D-28 12-String
- Next by Date: Re: Branson, MO
- Previous by thread: Dick Rosmini's D-28 12-String
- Next by thread: Re: ukulele resource for guitarists