Eighth of January/Battle of New Orleans song

There was some discussion about this song in another thread that got
me interested so I looked up a few things about it. It looks like when
this song is sung it is called the "Battle of New Orleans" and
Instrumentals of the song are called "Eighth of January".

Battle of New Orleans lyrics

http://www.galafilm.com/1812/e/people/songs_battleneworleans.html

I think Johnny Horton had the first hit with this song.

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s version Of the one's I have heard, this
is the one I like the most.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=payfcPZjwuM&feature=related

"Eighth of January".

There are plenty of versions and lessons for this song on youtube but
they are mostly mandolin and fiddle.

This is Tony Rice's version. There's also a lot of his other
recordings on this page. Many of them are worth a listen.

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Tony+Rice/most_played_songs

A different take on “Eighth of January”

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKhiDhENvA

David