Re: Strings -- But for Arch-Tops

I haven't really thought about playing my archtops acoustically, other
than just practicing, so strings are the same for me, DA Chromes .11's.

  • Re: Pick attack
    ... it has done wonders for my playing. ... I can't help but really hit those strings hard. ... somewhere along the eight months of practicing I've been doing, ... I'm beginning to wonder if my pickups are just super weak... ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • tomastick bebop strings
    ... lighter guage in the bass strings and going from a wound G to a plain ... instrument- you can really get the vibe of playing a flattop guitar. ... The other problems I'm noticing is that the strings don't stay in tune ... the Chromes. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: tomastick bebop strings
    ... lighter guage in the bass strings and going from a wound G to a plain ... instrument- you can really get the vibe of playing a flattop guitar. ... The other problems I'm noticing is that the strings don't stay in tune ... the Chromes. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: tomastick bebop strings
    ... lighter guage in the bass strings and going from a wound G to a plain ... instrument- you can really get the vibe of playing a flattop guitar. ... the Chromes. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Playing scales/patterns on 1 string
    ... it is interesting to note that whilst this way of practicing is not ... compared to playing across strings - it does offer many other ... use of open strings ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)