Re: Semi-Way-OT: Digital HD recorders 201
- From: Ken Cashion <kcashion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:25:40 -0600
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:45:49 -0600, Joe Jordan <jjordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 13 Feb 2006 09:40:13 -0800, "Don"
I've had good luck with the Fostex MR8HD I bought last fall - records
and stores four tracks simultaneously, and you can mix down to two and
add additional tracks from there. 40 GB hard drive, no onboard CD
burner, some effects. USB 2.0 out to your computer for .wav file
transfer. I have found mine easier to use than other units - you have
to learn how to define and name song tracks, but otherwise "tape deck
intuitive." I like it well enough that I've been considering upgrading
to the 8 track version on account of I have 4 instruments and three
voices to record. Are you still in SoCal? If so, give me a ring or
send me an e-mail - I'd consider selling at a very reasonable price.
I looked at that one, but don't think it's really going to
meet my needs. For example, from what I can tell, it has no
EQ capability at all, does it?
Joe, I try to record everything as flat as I can. This give me
a constant so I can do the shaping in post-production and mix down.
- Prev by Date: Re: Title of Dylan song?
- Next by Date: Re: Title of Dylan song?
- Previous by thread: Re: Semi-Way-OT: Digital HD recorders 201
- Next by thread: Re: Semi-Way-OT: Digital HD recorders 201