Re: Lyricist Noor Dewasi = Music Director O.P. Nayyar

On Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:06:09 PM UTC-7, vrk wrote:
prof saab

what is this new book on lyricists and is it available online on some store?

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:19:58 AM UTC+5:30, surjit singh wrote:
On Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:20:04 AM UTC-7, vinaya...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
OPN himself admitted to a fan that he wrote lyrics under pen name Noor Dewasi("is naachiiz ko Noor Dewasi kahate hai"). For those who can read Marathi here is a link to an article by the same OPN fan. I am surprised how this fact remained a secret for so long?

http://misalpav.com/node/21533

Vinayak

I am reading a new book on lyricists. It has an article on Noor Dewasi. It says that he was already a famous poet before coming into films. I think either OPN was pulling a leg or Anurag didn't do his homework. I will try to find out.

Hindi Filmon Ke Geetkar by Anil Bhargav, published by Cne Sahitya Prakashan, Jaipur
http://www.bookchums.com/book/hindi-filmon-ke-geetkar/9780385521680/NTE2NjM=.html
.